STUDENT APPLICATION TO JOIN UU DELEGATION AT THE 25th CONFERENCE OF THE PARTIES IN SANTIAGO, CHILE
2-13 DECEMBER 2019
Deadline: 18 October, 2019 (at 6 PM)
Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2019 UN Climate Change Conference will take place 2-13 December in Santiago, Chile. Uppsala University has status as observer organization and will be sending a delegation to the conference. We are now calling upon engaged and motivated students in Uppsala to apply to join the delegation as Uppsala University’s representatives at the negotiations. This delegation is a part of Uppsala University’s ongoing involvement in the UN level climate negotiations, building on the Zennström Climate Change Leadership professorship and Uppsala University’s long tradition of student-leadership and active student participation.
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to take part in a process that is of paramount importance and build on the work of previous delegations’ involvement in these UN negotiations. This will also be a chance to engage the Uppsala University community in the conference outcomes and experiences.
Apply by providing a CV and a brief personal statement (no more than 1 page) that addresses the following questions:
- What are your intellectual and academic interests at the moment?
- Are you involved in any activities/initiatives that have a connection to climate change issues?
- Why do you want to go to climate change conference in Santiago?
- How does participating in the conference fit in with your studies, and/or research / professional interests?
- How would you propose to collaboratively prepare, connect, and also feed-back with others at Uppsala University and in Uppsala that are interested in climate change and the negotiations, but not able not able to join the delegation?
- Indicate which week you would like to join the COP, or if you would like to attend both weeks.
In order to be considered to join the delegation as a student, you will need to be enrolled at Uppsala University. In forming our delegation, we are looking to create a highly motivated, interdisciplinary team of students. Note that a selection to join the delegation does not entail funding for travel, food or housing. If you are selected and accept, you will need to commit to:
- actively participating in at least one of the two weeks of the conference (2-6 December and/or 9-13 December);
- being involved in organizing and contributing to events in Uppsala before, during, and after the event.
For questions and further information, contact:
Sanna Barrineau: email@example.com
Coordinator at the Climate Change Leadership InitiativeCentre for Environment and Development Studies (CEMUS) at Uppsala University and SLU